Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jazz at the Park

Every Sunday, the City of Denver hosts an afternoon of Jazz at City Park. Rhoda and I have been meeting a small group of the same friends there for several years now. We all pack picnics, lay out blankets, and spend the afternoon doing very little. This year, we've introduced Rye to this wonderful way of saying hello to another week (or goodbye to a weekend, depending on your perspective...you know, the whole "glass half empty or half full" deal). She's really taken to it. Honestly, what's not to take to? The weather has been almost without exception beautiful, the crowds have been friendly and lively, and the music has been entertaining. I've heard there may be some difficulty with funding. I hope City Park Jazz is around long enough for Rye to call it a fond memory.

This most recent Sunday (July 31), Rhoda's friend Jocelyn joined us. She was in town from Brooklyn to visit her parents.







No comments:

Post a Comment